-
March 17th, 2003, 09:03 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Greetings all,
I have a pair of 891A monitors. One of my speakers has a bad tweeter. I bid on a pair on ebay until the price of the tweeters was higher than the price I paid for the speakers. Those tweeters can't possibly be worth $102. That was the last bid before I gave up. Does anybody have
a pair of tweeters to fit the 891a speakers I can purchace at a reasonable price? I can also go with the modern tweeters. I need to know what to purchace. I would rather have the same or similar tweeters again.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Harry
-
March 18th, 2003, 12:26 AM
#2
Inactive Member
The 891A tweeter is the same one used in the 879A Santana. It is merely a 10 oz magnet 3/4" voice coil cheapo CTS phenolic ring direct radiating tweeter. They are no longer made in the USA but should be avaiable from someone like Orange County Speaker or Madisound. The ALTEC had a fabric mesh cover, but other than that it is identical. They ought to be available for 15-20 dollars each. The crossover of these is pretty low so other Dome tweeters probably wont work. If you can't find any, email me and i'll find you something that will work. Jim
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks